I'm sharing a little project I did for last year's Scrap Gal fall crop--a rerun, I know, but I've never posted it here, so what the heck:
ScrapGal has these cute bags from Shabby Green Door for sale in the store, and I decided to embellish them and fill them with cookies as a "thank you" for Chloe's teachers.
Trim papers to fit the bag (I covered the front and top flap only), then adhere and embellish. Next fill with cookies, fold top of bag over and punch two small holes for the twine. Tie in a bow, and present to your favorite teacher!
Here's my favorite quick cookie recipe--always a hit!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon brandy (or vanilla)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and brandy. Combine the flour and baking soda; stir into the sugar mixture. Mix in the white chocolate chips and cranberries. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. For best results, take them out while they are still doughy. Allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
For more fun, games, challenges and prizes be sure to join us this weekend at the Scrap Gal Fall Haul Crop! I look forward to seeing you there.